Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yourself


Week 2 -- 13 July 2007


I find describing myself to others hard, even thought I know a lot about me. I'm sure many others do, too. I dislike the question, "Tell me/us something about yourself?" You're put on the spot and frantically thinking for one or two things about yourself that will make you sounds like an interesting person to know or a good candidate for the job, school, or office of an organization.

A couple of weeks ago, we were talking about our looks, habits, and personalities in a forum I belong to. It was odd to think of and truthfully post my flaws in character. This is what I wrote.

"Gosh, this is actually turning out to be a tough question once I started thinking about it. Describing one's own personality. hmmm.

I am the good friend type to friends, family, and boyfriend. I'm always there to listen and help out. I'm bad at saying no to those close to me. Which can be a fault as sometimes I end up doing things and being places I'd rather not be. Like you, I smile and say hi to people I walk by. I will strike up conversations with strangers. I have a wide variety of interests and tend to want to learn everything. I am passionate towards life. I can be a bit of a perfectionist in my work and studies. My apartment can get messy at times. I worry a bit too much sometimes. Also, my areas of concentration/interest in grad school were oncology also and neurology. "

But, this is not the whole of who I am. I love art and music. I nearly always have the radio on at home and in the car (or a cd or my iPod). I love writing and reading. I'll read nearly any fiction. I love to travel and I love to learn. If I won millions of dollars in the lottery, I'd be a permanent student. I enjoy crocheting and crafts. I never miss an episode of my favorite soap, Days of our Lives. I want both children and a successful career and believe I can have both. My family and friends are everything to me. My mom is my hero and my best friend. This is still not the whole of who I am.

1 comment:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Come back to Weekend Wordsmith! Also, I think Oprah's new stuff is awful, so I'm starting a place for Book Buddies here:
http://bookbuddies3.blogspot.com/

Take a look at it, and let others know. I've finally managed to post something on Essencia Island and (3 hours later) on Around the World, but I see Mary has started The Tenth Circle as an extension of our discussions and need to say something there. What I'm trying to do is invite all the buddies over to my blogs. It certainly wouldn't be so strung out like the new posts on Oprah!